Cookies on the Royal Mail
An exquisite souvenir bringing together every 2019 Special Stamp and Miniature Sheet.
A limited edition of just 160 leather-bound books.
Specially commissioned experts bring a fresh perspective on each theme marked by a set of Royal Mail Special Stamps in 2019 in this visually rich 64 page book.
Contains £151.07* worth of mint stamps.
*Total cost of mint Special Stamps and Miniature sheets is £151.07 if purchased separately.
A limited edition of just 160*.
A 64-page full-colour publication.
Leather-bound and individually numbered.
Contains every 2019 Special Stamp and Miniature Sheet in mint condition worth £151.07**, a number of which have been recently recognised for their high quality designs in receiving prestigious awards.
Features stories, illustrations and photographs covering themes commemorated and celebrated through the Special Stamps issued in 2019.
Each chapter is written by an expert who gives a fresh perspective on the theme including Jonathan Elphick, natural history author, Martin Clayton, Head of Prints and Drawings at Royal Collection Trust, Dr Karin Hing, Senior Lecturer at Queen Mary University of London and philatelist and former Editor of Stamp Magazine, Richard West MBE, FRPSL.
- the story behind one of Britain’s rarest stamps, the 2d ‘Tyrian Plum’ by highly respected philatelist and former Editor of Stamp Magazine Richard West.
- how a significant number of Leonardo da Vinci drawings ended up in the Royal Collection by Martin Clayton, Head of Prints and Drawings.
- Alan Cowsill, award-winning writer and editor of Marvel magazines uncovering the story behind Marvel’s first UK-based Super Hero, Captain Britain.
- Jonathan Elphick, natural history editor, author and consultant providing an insight into the Peregrine Falcon - one of the birds featured in the Birds of Prey stamp set.
- Dr Karin Hing, senior lecturer in Biomaterials in the School of Engineering and Materials at Queen Mary University of London setting out her work on bone graft substitution materials which is depicted in one of the British Engineering Special Stamps.
- Respected naval author and editor Iain Ballantyne profiles the Royal Navy’s iconic new aircraft carrier, HMS Queen Elizabeth.
* Please note that the book itself is a limited edition of 5,000 (identical to the standard version). However only 160 of them have been leatherbound and are numbered between 1 and 160.
** Total cost of mint Special Stamps and Miniature sheets is £151.07 if purchased separately.